Warehouse Manager will be responsible for plans, organizes and monitors the receiving, storage and distribution of all items received either from suppliers or production shops, ensuring a smooth and consistent operation so parts and supplies are located and distributed to proper departments in an effective and efficient manner as needed to satisfy internal and external customer requirements.
- Provides hands-on training and support for all functions within the warehouse including forklift transportation of receiving goods and warehouse items.
- Reporting responsibilities utilizing Microsoft Office Products (i.e. Excel, access, word)
- Maintains a personnel structure and staffing level to accomplish the warehouse shipping, receiving and distribution mission in an effective and efficient manner.
- Assists in interviews and recommends applicants for hire as warehouse team members.
- Provides coaching and mentoring as needed in a bi-lingual environment.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills with team members. Plans and coordinates work, trains and motivates, monitors and evaluates performance of team members; ensures their ability to safely operate material handling equipment to move materials; counsels, records and disciplines as necessary.
- Maintains an equipment structure and level to meet the goals of the warehouse function in a safe, effective manner.
- Provides appropriate equipment, racking and training to ensure the safe transport, storage and distribution of all materials.
- Researches material handling equipment to ensure procurement of the most suitable equipment in terms of performance, safety, reliability and cost.
- Monitors the unloading of all materials into the receiving department; ensures materials are staged for counting and inspection; ensures receiving reports accurately report material received.
- Resolves discrepancies with accounting regarding invoices, packing slips, and receiver reports.
- Monitors the flow of paperwork from receiving to inventory control for timely data entry.
- Oversees the movement of material from receiving to the warehouse in an efficient, effective and safe manner.
- Oversees the rotation of inventories within the warehouse. (FIFO)
- Monitors and measures warehouse performance for accuracy of locator, receiving reporting, movement and storage of material, and transfers.
- Develops and recommends annual budget requirements for the warehouse and receiving department.
- Anticipates and requests funding for future personnel requirements. Anticipates and requests funding for future material handling equipment.
- Ability to drive and implement inventory control reporting mechanisms (computer upgrades)
- This position leads and manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance of the warehouse and team members.
- Five (5) or more years working both in a distribution environment with a perishable product in a FIFO inventory system as well as supervisory experience.
- Experience in a food industry is helpful but not required
- Tow motor experience and/or license is required
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Hands on experience in receiving, shipping and distribution.
- Strong inventory skills including FIFO
- High School Education or GED.