The Vice President of Sales will be responsible for making sure the entire team falls in line with that goal. The Vice President of Sales exhibits outstanding leadership skills and develops the sales team and strategy to meet or exceed sales revenue and profitability. The Vice President works with the CCO to create and execute the sales department go to market strategy and operational plans. This individual works closely with the account managers, as well as customers, and manages the key business relationships. The individual has a proven ability to strategically plan, sell, leverage technology, develop and manage people, and improve processes.
- Create culture of success and achievement
- Develop plans and strategies for achieving company sales goals
- Manage the sales team to meet or exceed business objectives
- Develop and manage the budget process for all customers and company product lines
- Hire and develop staff as needed. Develop and support a learning culture.
- Work with the CCO to develop and oversee sales compensation and incentive programs.
- Develop and maintain an infrastructure that supports the success of the sales team
- Work closely with the CCO and marketing team on new item and product innovation
- Manage key customer relationships
- Develop new leads and participate in closing new business opportunities
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to the leadership team.
- Strong team player who thrives in an egoless environment
- Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA preferred
- Experience successfully leading high performing teams and organizations. Produce or Retail related experience is a plus.
- Must exhibit excellent, verbal, written, negotiating, and presentation skills.
- Must have proven record of exceptional customer relationship development and maintenance, growing sales volume and profitability.
- Positive attitude and drive to be the best
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent computer and analysis skills. Must be competent with Word and Excel. Knowledge of forecasting or sales software.