The Vice President of Finance & Accounting (“VP-F&A”) will be responsible for coordinating the strategic financial direction of the Company through financial analysis, financial reporting, budgeting/ forecasting, audit and control, asset and liability reconciliation, working capital and cash control, capital expenditure planning and ROI analysis. This position establishes financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems and ensures legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions. The VP-F&A is also responsible for assessing organizational performance against both the annual budget and the Company’s long-term strategy as well as leading the day-to-day financial operations. The VP-F&A serves as a member of the senior management team.
- Is responsible for the analysis of vital qualitative and quantitative data and presentation of strategic operational initiatives to the Company’s Board of Directors and investors.
- Manages banking relationships and investor relations.
- Develops financial models to assist with forecasting and analyzing revenue and key operating expenses.
- Oversees the Company’s capital expenditure process.
- Provides status of financial condition of the Company by collecting, interpreting and accurately reporting key financial data: monthly, quarterly and yearly financial results. Ensures preceding month’s books are closed by the 4th business day of the month.
- Protects assets and guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Monitors Company site operations’ actual and projected financial performance and coaches local, regional, and corporate management teams to ensure financial goals are met and any issues are quickly identified and addressed.
- Ensures the Company’s audit is completed by March 15th annually with no material adjustments or notations of control deficiencies.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financial reports. Advises executive management of actions and potential risks.
- Hires, trains, develops and appraises staff effectively. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with Company policy.
- Is directly responsible for leading Finance & Accounting management and indirectly responsible for all teammates within department.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or related field.
- Master’s degree in accounting, business, finance or related field / C.P.A. Preferred.
- 15 years’ experience in accounting and progressively responsible accounting management.
- Ability to demonstrate integrity and professionalism while working successfully within a fast-paced high-growth entrepreneurial environment. Ability to interact effectively with all management and staff in a manner consistent with the Company’s core values.