The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible to focus on Inventory Management, including all inventory level planning, turns, aged inventory. Responsible for management of functions associated with sourcing and purchasing raw material, receiving and warehousing, physical inventory or raw materials and finished goods.
- Manage sourcing strategy, grower relations, contract and negotiations
- Develop new suppliers to manage seasonal variances
- Responsible for materials are managed to provide the highest quality and on time delivery to the operations groups as well as managing budgeting profit margins.
- Fully manage the warehousing and shipment of all finished product to our customers in a quality and on time delivery status.
- Manage the daily activities to assure production scheduling is created and presented to operations group to meet efficiency of processes.
- Manage the daily activity of raw material receiving, handling and warehousing
- Manage the daily activities of the finished goods warehousing and shipment of finished products to our customers
- Develop continuous improvement to areas of responsibility based on performance indicators
- Ensure work environment is safe for employees
- Participate in establishing, monitoring, and achieving plant operational targets and goals
- Knowledge of logistics, inbound and outbound, HACCP and FIFO are preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Supply Chain/Business or applicable field.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in purchasing, warehousing, shipping, materials control, planning and scheduling and inventory control.
- Maintain sourcing strategy, suppliers and grower relations
- Strong experience with forecasting and analysis
- Experienced with growing seasons, relations, variances and product traceability
- Daily responsibilities include product sourcing, program implementation, vendor partner negotiations and oversight, turn and trend analysis, and inventory and service level goals.
- Knowledge of freight, logistics or transportation preferred
- Strong Computer skills proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Thorough Knowledge of ERP operating systems, prefer Famous
- Woking Knowledge of GMP and HACCP program requirements including the application of principals, concepts, practices and standards
- Previous experience with Continuous Improvement Disciplines with direct involvement in one or more of the following (TQM, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing) preferred
- Strong communications skills – written and verbal