The Sr. Cost Accountant will be responsible for managing the standard cost of numerous parts and products. This position is responsible for maintaining accurate standard costs, analyzing manufacturing variances, preparing and analyzing operational metrics, cost modeling and month end reconciliations and reports.
- Manage standard inventory costs for approximately 2000 SKUs.
- Assist in annual preparation of labor and overhead rates.
- Analyze and explain manufacturing variances including purchase price variance, work order variance (material, labor and overhead variances), and absorption. Work with Operations to make necessary corrections.
- Work with NPI team to estimate costs for new products.
- Perform revenue, cost and gross margin analysis by customer and product line.
- Perform monthly overhead allocation.
- Perform month end reconciliations/analysis and journal entries.
- Perform Cost Modeling as required for changes in Manufacturing lines.
- Perform Production Time Studies to validate routings.
- Prepare Operational Metrics – Inventory turns, Units per Labor Hour, Freight Trends, Spoilage Analysis, etc.
- Make recommendations for process improvements and enhancements to current policies and procedures.
- Work cooperatively with Co-Workers, Managers and Plant Personnel.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in accounting, business or similar discipline or equivalent industry experience with an emphasis in cost accounting.
- 3+ years of work experience using ERP systems.
- CPA, CMA, or MBA a plus.
- 3-5 years of Cost Accounting work experience including variance tracking and analysis, establishing new standard costs within a manufacturing environment with large number of SKUs (multiple products).
- IFS software experience preferred.