The Sanitation Supervisor will be responsible for all plant Sanitation and Cleaning programs. The position takes actions to ensure the Sanitation and Cleaning programs are in compliance with current food safety standards and applicable regulations including OSHA’s blood borne pathogens standard. By providing leadership to the Sanitation team, the Sanitation Supervisor ensures sanitation activities are completed on schedule and to the appropriate standards to meet Production and Quality needs. The position is responsible for maintaining current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) throughout the facility, training and development of sanitation personnel, scheduling sanitation activities, creating work schedules and maintaining the Master Sanitation Schedule and associated documentation to cGMP standards.
- Ensure the overall sanitation and cleanliness of the facility to meet cGMP requirements.
- Supervise and lead employees in the sanitation department including training, time keeping, hiring, managing performance, coordinating temporary labor and weekly work schedules.
- Ensure training of all sanitation personnel including safe and proper machine operations procedures, protective equipment use, OSHA universal precautions, and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Develop and deliver training on the safe handling, use and storage of hazardous materials and sanitation chemicals.
- Maintain inventory of cleaning and sanitation supplies, including cleaning and sanitation chemicals, to meet the operational needs of the facility.
- In coordination with Environmental Health and Safety (EHS), maintain, oversee and ensure plant-wide compliance with Company Blood borne Pathogens and Exposure Control Program.
- Oversee execution of all Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP’s), Sanitation Operator Work Instructions (SOWI’s), Sanitation Checklists and forms, and Master Sanitation Schedules (MSS) requirements.
- Review completed Sanitation and Cleaning records for completeness and compliance with cGDPs.
- Support and maintain 5S standards throughout the plant.
- Manage spending and labor to meet the current Sanitation budget.
- Assist with prep-audits, audits and related follow-up items.
- Operate forklift as needed and maintain current forklift operator certification and ensure all forklift operators in Sanitation are properly trained and maintain current forklift operator certification.
- Develop, implement and maintain a Master Sanitation Schedule and associated Sanitation standard operating procedures and forms to ensure compliance and documentation of results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Technology, Microbiology or related field preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 6 years of Food Manufacturing experience including SSOPs, MSDS, HazCom, GMP, Pest Control, Allergens and Safety.
- 2 years’ experience in a supervisory or leadership role.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best manufacturing sanitation practices and procedures in a GMP environment, including OSHA’s blood borne pathogens standard.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.