Quality Technologist will be responsible for coordinating, monitoring, and executing the quality assurance, regulatory and FSMA programs to keep the company producing safe quality food.
- Responsible activities of the Quality Assurance Department and administers all quality programs that ensure product quality and conformity.
- Verifies daily material sampling and acceptance programs.
- Verify the laboratory calibration and activities.
- Monitors the raw material quality control programs to ensure that all raw materials received and entering the processing area.
- Issues Reports for supplier non-compliance of raw materials specifications.
- Member of the Food Safety team and Internal Auditors group to support quality and food safety continuous improvement program and CAPA’s execution.
- Executes all programs to ensure to ensure food safety, such as, micro testing and releases, GMP audits, HACCP, Pest Control, cleaning and sanitation procedures and swabbing.
- Provides coaching and training to operators to ensure quality control and record management.
- Reviews and addresses customer complaint issues and issues in the Quality Report.
- Establishes and updates analytical testing procedures for the lab and perform routine testing.
- Maintain all records and replay all information to Quality Manager and/or Director of Quality.
- Will be the functional leader regarding quality and food safety aspects.
- Bachelor’s degree in a food science degree or related and 5 years of quality within a food or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Must be HACCP/HARPC certified and knowledgeable with BRC and GFSI compliance, PCQI Certified preferred.
- Experience leading customer and regulatory audits.
- Great communicator with all levels of management and work as a team; respond to emails and effectively present and train in small groups.
- Computer skills, experience organizing data and interpreting results using excel.
- Experience working with employees in a fast-paced environment and changing priorities.