The Quality Manager will be responsible to oversee all food safety in production and storage areas, sanitation, record keeping, GMP’s, manage HACCP and FSMA plans, attention to detail is a must. Directly supervise employees in a fast-paced environment assuring conformance to Food Safety Regulations, Food Defense, and all Corporate Policies.
- Lead and motivate the Quality Assurance Team in order to achieve daily goals
- Assist in designing, implementation and enforcement of product quality and food safety control points
- Collect, log and report trends on information gathered
- Maintain, create and communicate quality reporting data
- Communicate quickly and effectively with all levels of production management
- Know and understand all policies and standard operating procedures throughout the facility to audit, inspect and ensure compliance
- Conduct and inspect or audit facilities to assure compliance with applicable procedures as directed by Quality Assurance management
- Administer and/or attend necessary meetings pertaining to food safety and product quality, including HACCP team meetings.
- Manage product hold program, including making decisions regarding questionable product.
- Serve as the primary liaison with regulatory officials
- Manage all daily responsibilities of the QA staff over two shifts, assuring that there are no lapses in coverage.
- Train all related QA employees in their essential duties, as well as keeping them informed of any changes to the system.
- Conduct investigation into root cause of customer complaints, and takes measures to prevent recurrence
- Directly supervise 10 employees in the Quality Assurance Department
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Biology, Food Science or equivalent programs
- 10 – 15 years of quality experience with raw proteins, poultry or fish preferred
- Very seasoned and boots on the ground working with production
- Experience with Continuous Improvement in quality and processing procedures
- Must have Experience with USDA FSIS
- 3-5 years supervisor experience
- Food Safety experience required
- Must have experience with SPC data driven numbers as 40% of day will be managing and understanding these numbers.
- Must have knowledge of Database software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- HACCP Certification, SQF Practitioner Certification is preferred