Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for Developing, documenting, implementing, verify, and validating Food Safety and QA processes and procedures used to monitor incoming raw materials, production, and products (Finished and Work in Process) to ensure compliance to all regulatory, customer, and company requirements.
- Build and maintain a strong team and provide consistent feedback and training.
- Drive plant improvement by providing proactive solutions to issues that will support facility operations staff in achieving Quality and Safety goals.
- Design and implement SOPs.
- Maintain contact between Sales and Operations in order to communicate customer/consumer issues and resolutions.
- Provide timely, accurate, and relevant data and analysis to enable them to effectively manage the business.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with USDA/FSIS while monitoring industry and regulatory news to stay ahead of trends and updates.
- Conducting quality checks throughout the entire process.
- Assures consistent quality of production by developing and enforcing good automated manufacturing practice (GAMP) systems; validating processes; providing documentation; managing staff.
- Meets quality assurance financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Develops quality assurance plans by conducting hazard analyses; identifying critical control points and preventive measures; establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures; monitoring inventories.
- Validates quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes; measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Maintains and improves product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits; investigating customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs, and manufacturing and training methods.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in biological science, food science, or related.
- 5+ years of Quality Managerial experience in the meat industry, preferably RTE.
- Knowledge of USDA/FSIS Regulations, Quality Audit Systems, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), SQF, BRC, and Food Safety Systems including HACCP and SSOP.
- General knowledge of all plant functions: production, maintenance, warehouse, shipping, etc.
- Proven ability in supervision of others; teams of 5 or more.
- Experience and knowledge with Process Improvement, Analyzing Information, Strategic Planning, Verbal Communication, Informing Others, Quality Engineering, Emphasizing Excellence, Pharmacology, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Dealing with Complexity.
- Written and verbal communication and computer skills.
- SPC skills.