The Quality Assurance Lab Supervisor plans and directs activities concerned with day-to-day workflow direction of QC Technicians, including implementing and recording various testing methodology within the laboratory. Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluations.
- Participant in Food Safety team to include HACCP training and relevant certifications.
- Ensure customer required documentation is collected, reviewed, and approved by established deadlines.
- Collaboration with QA Technical Coordinator, Document Coordinator, Supply Chain personnel and Production Supervisors to ensure safe compliant production to the specifications.
- Responsible for overseeing system to verify micro data and results in the absence of the Microbiologist.
- Monitor plant cleaning activities by conducting Allergen testing, and other environmental microbial and pathogen swabbing.
- Oversees and assures lab equipment reliability to minimize specification deviations HPLC testing
- Ensure materials for sample testing are available and current.
- Lead the department when the QA Manager is not available.
- Responsible for completing evaluations of employees and develop team members.
- Monitors the production quality testing process, makes periodic checks and adjusts testing requirements or work practices according to standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for periodic staff meetings to keep employees up-to-date with the latest information
- Participate with customer audits and a key point of contact for customer requests with regard to specifications, results, and relevant documents.
- Good floor presence and lab to ensure expectations are being demonstrated.
- Oversee the review of lab records for completeness (water checks, batch records, line checks, )
- Review calibration tracking records are complete and current
- Review and update hold tracking system
- Ensure standard lab procedures are being followed through verifications of procedures
- Ensures Good Lab Practices are followed
- BS degree in Science or Biology or relevant degree and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 – 5 years plant laboratory experience.
- Previous plant supervisory experience is desired, and hot fill, juice manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Must be able to write clearly and informatively, and be able to read and interpret written information
- Experience with Refractometer, Spectrophotometer, Gas Chromatogram, Turbidmeter, Densitometer, ph meter and Karl-Fisher titrator
- Analytical testing for QC /Regulatory for shelf life extensions
- Provide effective planning, organizing and prioritizing project skills.
- Troubleshooting capacity, able to ask questions and investigate to find root cause.
- Basic Microsoft Office and database application skills