QA Manager will be responsible for plans, coordinates, and directs the quality assurance programs and works cross-functionally with sales, production, customers and quality, to keep the company producing safe quality food.
- Directs the activities of the Quality Assurance Department and administers all quality programs that insure product quality and conform to GMP’s.
- Directs and monitors daily material sampling and acceptance programs.
- Directs the laboratory testing, the ordering of laboratory supplies and month-end inventory.
- Directs and conducts the raw material quality control programs to ensure that all raw materials received and entering the processing area Works with the R&D Department on the updating of Raw Material Specifications.
- Issues Reports for supplier non-compliance of raw materials specifications.
- Directs and conducts production trials as part of a trouble-shooting process for quality systems and conducts taste panels from such trials.
- Directs and administers all programs to ensure to ensure food safety, such as, micro testing and releases, GMP audits, HACCP, Pest Control, cleaning and sanitation procedures and swabbing.
- Reviews and addresses customer complaint issues and issues in the Quality Report.
- Works to make sure the labeling and product is safe and complaint.
- Establishes and updates analytical testing procedures for the lab and perform routine testing
- Follows all Safe Quality Food (SQF) established standards, guidelines, and compliance measures.
- Will be the leader regarding HACCP and SQF
- Bachelor’s degree in a food science degree or related or equivalent industry experience, preferred.
- 5 years’ experience with a food environment, with product development experience.
- Must be HACCP certified or HARPC Coordinator Certification and experienced with FSMA PCQI Certification
- Education background or experience with food safety, sanitation or production
- Experience in Formulation, New Product Development, Nutritional Experience
- Troubleshooting and ingredient functionality knowledge
- Great communicator with all levels of management and work as a team
- Computer skills, experience organizing data and interpreting statistical results