QA Manager will be responsible for developing, maintaining, updating, and making continual improvements to the Food Safety and Quality Management System. Oversees and enforces compliance and remains current with all applicable regulatory and GFSI requirements, specifically the SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacturing and the SQF Food Quality Code.
- Comfortably and effectively manage and provide leadership to a bilingual staff.
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external customers to define and enforce company standards.
- Schedule and oversee plant compliance with the Food Safety and Quality Management System through monitoring, verification, and validation activities.
- Ensure critical limits and food safety and quality controls remain current and effective.
- Remain current and ensure compliance with product labeling requirements.
- Develop and oversee the plant’s internal audit schedule and analyze findings.
- Lead Quality Review and Management Review meetings to analyze company trends and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure plant is “audit-ready” at all times and oversee any customer, third-party, or regulatory audits.
- Evaluate non-conformities and/or deviations through root cause analysis and provide recommendations and guidance for resolution.
- Develop and oversee the plant’s microbiological testing program to ensure food safety and quality and effective sanitation practices.
- Oversee new product development from product concept through launch and implementation.
- Develop and deliver employee training, as it relates to the Food Safety and Quality Management System.
- Oversee the Sanitation Department and ensure effective plant sanitation.
- Contribute to and advise the plant safety committee.
- Support management in other related duties, as required.
- 3 to 5 years of Food Safety and Quality Management experience.
- HACCP Certification and proficient knowledge of the SQF Code is mandatory.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related field is a plus