The Project Engineer will be responsible for understanding all of the steps involved in designing and developing a project from concept to completion namely feasibility studies, equipment selection, economic viability and project management.
- This position is responsible for supporting the mobile maintenance activities to ensure safe, responsive, high quality and economical maintenance services.
- This position will be providing technical support for all disciplines in maintenance with emphasis on improving equipment reliability, ensuring quality services and repairs are being performed, reducing maintenance costs and providing technical support for troubleshooting equipment and process problems.
- This position will also be managing some individual capital projects assigned to the mobile maintenance department.
- The incumbent will routinely utilize Emaintenance and Micro-soft Projects to perform his job function.
- Provide technical support and recommendations to improve overall equipment reliability.
- Optimize current predictive and preventive maintenance tasks and activities, identifying gaps and developing corrective action plans, driving implementation and evaluating improvement performance.
- Monitor and evaluate “Top Ten” equipment failures making recommendations to improve their Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF).
- Support the Maintenance Supervisor with obtaining, managing and analyzing equipment vibration data.
- Provide mechanical knowledge to support maintenance efforts to ensure equipment reliability, reduced maintenance costs and minimum unplanned downtime.
- Improve maintenance work efficiency by implementing precision maintenance techniques.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisors with ensuring quality services and repairs are being provided.
- Evaluate current equipment spare parts inventory to ensure spare parts are available for critical equipment.
- Assist in the training and development of in-house maintenance resources.
- Plan and manage capital projects assigned to the maintenance department.
- Includes cost and schedule accountability for assigned projects.
- Assist the maintenance staff with developing the annual maintenance budget.
- Assist the maintenance staff in developing the major turnaround (TAR) budget (every 3 years).
- Assist the maintenance staff with the planning, scheduling and execution of the major turnaround (TAR) every 3 years.
- Assume the Maintenance Manager’s responsibilities in their absence.
- Preferred degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering a plus but not required.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in manufacturing environment (preferably lime/cement industry and/or kilns) with at least 5 of those 10 years managing subordinate department managers/supervisors.
- Language Skills: Comprehensive demonstrated skills in communicating effectively with diverse individuals and groups.
- Mathematical Skills: Demonstrated ability to manage and plan budgets.
- Reasoning Ability: Demonstrated problem solving and business decision making.
- Physical Demands: Ability to walk distances & climb stairs
- Work Environment: Use of hearing, eye and respiratory protection as required.