Production Supervisor will be responsible for ensure company products are produced and distributed to the highest food safety and quality standards. Oversee operations and supervise assigned employees. Recognize deviations from standards and determine correct problem resolution.
- Follow and enforce all good manufacturing practices (GMP) and work in consistent manner with all corporate, regulatory, food safety, quality, and sanitation requirements.
- Ensure staff complies with all safety regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Provide leadership in development of teams. Determine work quality performed and correct performance immediately through re-training and/or counseling.
- Provide instructions to assigned staff in all departments throughout shift to assure conformance to quality standards. Maintain position of authority and accountability by communicating work and company information to employees on a regular basis.
- Monitor all equipment performance to ensure normal conditions and standards of cleanliness are met. Develop resolutions to production problems and seek appropriate help when needed.
- Monitor and validate accurate records of inventory, rework, and other product categories. Oversee product transfer and receipt while ensuring compliance to handling standards and product contamination prevention.
- Provide assistance to accounting functions through accurate recordkeeping, inventory confirmations, and modification notifications.
- Record and report any actions related to safety, dress code, and work standards. Ensure safety program compliance as required.
- Review and approve employee hours and related information on computerized timekeeping system. Advise employees of correct procedures for requesting time off. Monitor unauthorized employee time away from work station.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all plant systems and equipment.
- Provide training to employees in various required OSHA programs. Assist in orientation and training of new employees.
- Develop staffing schedules to ensure necessary manpower coverage.
- Monitor and document progressive discipline actions.
- Attend required training, including but not limited to Safety, GMP, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), and Safe Quality Foods (SQF).
- Ensure availability to respond to emergencies or other unexpected operational requirements (i.e. nights, weekends, or holidays).
- Minimum of 5 years’ supervisory experience in manufacturing production
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science, Dairy Science, Business Administration or other related curriculum plus 1-2 years’ experience in the dairy or food industry preferred