The Production Supervisor will be responsible for directing the efficient and cost effective operation of the plant. This includes activities such as: scheduling, directing, organizing, and coordinating all operations to produce a quality product. The Production Supervisor ensures that employees work in a safe manner; and follow all company policies and all good manufacturing practices. He or she may be scheduled to work on any of three shifts.
- Directing a staff of employees to ensure products are produced on time, within quality specifications.
- Coordinating production schedule, recapping packing totals, analyzing results, and calculate shift yield and thru-put, and calculate labor hours.
- Reviewing baking processes, checking quality, solving problems, housekeeping, check process controls, and GMP’s.
- Training and ongoing coaching of employees on production, baking, and packing positions.
- Assisting the production manager on quality concerns, troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Coordinating the Sanitation Department
- Issuing sanitation employees their cleaning assignments
- Checking employees work progress throughout their shift
- Coordinating the cleaning of equipment during breaks and lunches
- Communicating to sanitation supervisor of issues regarding assignments.
- Daily walk-through of all departments monitoring for safety issues; taking appropriate action to correct safety infractions or concerns. Conducting engaging monthly safety meetings with all employees on assigned shift.
- Communicating with the maintenance manager on issues and repairs to production equipment. Being pro-active in maintaining equipment.
- Coordinating employee development, counseling and progressive discipline within the labor agreement, plant work rules and policies.
- Remaining vigilant and following company food defense procedures, immediately reporting any suspicious or unusual activity to management
- Ensuring all processing paperwork has been documented completely and accurately
- 5 years’ experience in the baking industry.
- Experience in production, supervision and working knowledge of formulas and/or wholesale bakery equipment would be helpful.
- Prior experience with labor unions preferred
- AIB Baking preferred
- Statistical analysis skills