Plant Manager will be responsible for establish a culture of continuous improvement while safely organizing and managing the corrugator operation to increase throughput, maximize profits, and maintain a high level of quality and service for our customers.
- Create and effectively manage corrugator safety system.
- Communicate and practice company culture and core values daily.
- Be Flexible with time and availability as you drive the back end of the 24-hour operation forward; working through supervisors and maintenance to accomplish business goals.
- Build corrugator plant operating systems (e.g., waste tracking procedures, PM schedules, flow of material, butt roll practices, etc.)
- Identify and execute daily corrugator staffing needs and long-term staffing plan hire new associates.
- Develop a cross-training matrix to help develop associates and build depth.
- Establish a communication forum for direct reports and keep team informed of critical initiatives and objectives and hold team accountable.
- Continually audit safety, quality, and key operating processes to seek improvement.
- Organize and staff an efficient Maintenance team with detailed Roles, Responsibilities, and Expectations. Generate Maintenance Budget and manage costs.
- Organize and staff an efficient Shipping team with detailed Roles, Responsibilities, and Expectations.
- Coordinate teamwork and communication across Production, Maintenance, and Shipping.
- Manage Labor costs
- Continuous safety improvements (OSHA).
- Associates Degree in a related field.
- Minimum 8 years of Corrugator Experience.
- Previous Plant Manager experience preferred.