The Plant Engineer will be responsible for planning and execution of capital projects, process improvement efforts and overall maintenance support.
- Plans and executes capital equipment projects involving new equipment, equipment upgrades and facility improvements. Ensure projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget.
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise on projects, finding efficient and effective solutions.
- Participate in process improvement projects to achieve improved productivity, quality and waste.
- Use performance metrics and analysis to identify areas for improvement. Measure and track performance versus goals.
- Work with production, maintenance and plant management to develop project plans that will improve plant efficiency and performance.
- Actively utilize suppliers, vendors and contractors to support initiatives described above.
- Integral part of plant safety team. Actively involved in developing safe work practices and conditions.
- College degree in electrical or mechanical engineering or similar field.
- Previous experience in the manufacturing plant required. Corrugated industry preferred but not required.
- Project management and organizational skills, with the ability to work in a team based setting.
- Able to develop and implement strategic plans.
- Outstanding verbal and interpersonal communication.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to drive results.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work within budget constraints.