The Medical Business Development Manager will be responsible for achieving the sales goals and growth in the the Medical Device and related Industry for a defined range of the company’s Industrial Process Control products. He/she will visit customer sites, identify projects and instrumentation requirements, provide advice on appropriate applications and coordinate with the local OSR to sell those company products.
- Works with outside consultants, meets with potential clients to develop, grow, maintain and leverage company and client networks
- Identifies potential clients and the decision makers within the organization, coordinates strategy with the Sales Manager and penetrates the Medical OEMs, contract developers and manufacturers
- Develop and help implement sales strategies in conjunction with the Sales Manager for appropriate products in the Medical Device and related markets in North America, following SBF directives
- Identifies new application opportunities and unique market requirements, consults with the Sales Manager and Application Experts on special solutions
- Identifies present and future instrumentation requirements, consult with Sales Manager on business trends with a view to developing new services, products and sales channels
- Forecasts sales targets in line with corporate planning and SBF Strategy
- Perform competitive analysis and assist with sales and marketing strategies and develops the company’s unique selling position for the Medical Device and related industry.
- Play a major role in driving the general sales force through on-site sales support, enable client relationship building and implementing strategies for key accounts.
- Good teamwork and cooperation with Regional Outside Sales Engineers and SBF staff.
- Assists marketing with targeted communications and planning for trade shows, advertising and press releases.
- Participate at industry specific trade shows and monitor the follow-up on trade show and advertising inquires.
- Travel requirements: available to travel 75% of time
- Airline travel is required as well as occasional trips abroad for meetings and training
- A current and valid driver’s license and passport is required.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or an engineering discipline from an accredited four (4) year college plus experience in technical sales or marketing in the Medical device and related industries
- Proven ability to succed in business development, technical sales, sales executive or relevant role in the Medical Device or related industry
- An understanding of the appropriate regulations and requirements associated with Medical Device Manufacturing where company products are used
- Market knowledge and analysis capability
- Knowledge of Process Automation and Process Monitoring application is a plus
- Knowledge of sensors, electronics, software and communication protocols is a plus
- Excellent written, verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Authorized to work in the US.