The Logistics Specialist will be responsible for overseeing and manage all Operations Shipping/ Logistics activities and related systems/tools working with internal team and 3rd party logistics Warehouses. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to logistics, distribution, warehousing, material handling, import-export of products, shipment of products from point of origin to point of delivery, third-party warehousing. Develops and implements global logistics plans, budgets, and procedures to maximize compliance.
- Directs inbound and outbound logistics operations such as; transportation, inventory control, warehouse activities and logistics quality management. Daily management and coordination of shipments and Web site order processing.
- Assesses and recommends optimal shipping methods, carriers, routing, equipment and frequency to meet required transportation parameters, delivery specifications and costs. Recommend carrier base and negotiates competitive rates for logistics needs.
- Reviews shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping schedules.
- Maintain metrics, customer service logs, processes, safety training and records.
- Monitor import and export processes to ensure legal and regulatory compliance.
- Conduct and review audits for logistics activities, such as internal and 3rd party warehouse storage, fulfillment, distribution and transportation.
- Develop and implement methods to maintain accurate inventory levels at on site warehouse as well as 3rd party logistic warehouses and implement required cycle count process.
- Manages Requests for Pricing Proposals (RFPs) and international transportation service agreements/contracts.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement supply chain improvement tools, including but not limited to cost savings, tracking for enhanced visibility, market analysis review/communication processes, etc.
- Responsible for global logistics operations integration projects including but not limited to shipping validation, coordinating / enabling IT systems, monitoring / implementing trade compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience in shipping warehouse environment.
- Proven track record of building credible, reliable and customer focused logistics teams
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook is a must.
- Experience in analyzing customer needs and proposing solutions to achieve Customer satisfaction and meet Company objectives.