The HACCP Coordinator will be responsible to oversee Pre-Operational and Operational procedures, charts, and monitoring logs all in accordance with the Company’s SSOP and HACCP Plans. To communicate effectively and efficiently with Plant Manager about any problems seen in evisceration, packaging, processing rooms.
- Lead by Example
- Oversee Pre-Operational forms
- Oversee Operational forms
- Oversee Testing is being conducted promptly and efficiently
- Implement & Monitor Employee Sanitation Procedures & Records
- Monitor All Daily Logs & Records
- Make sure all documents are recorded at the end of the day
- Maintain Organization
- Keep management and team informed of all rule changes, updates, and new FSIS Directives
- Conduct a weekly meeting with the Plant Manager
- Non-Compliance Reports sent to the Plant Manager directly before submitting to FSIS.
- Correct and Train Sanitation Crew on any and all deficiencies in the cleaning process noticed by the Inspector or Internal Pre Operational Inspection
- Inspect all outbound packaging and boxes to ensure all labeling requirements are met.
- Maintain a Professional USDA Relationship
- Oversee all Food Safety and Humane Handling Audits
- Ensure at least two employees are HACCP certified at each location.
- Attend all weekly meetings with IPP, FLS, and EIAO
- Prepare facility for Food Safety Assessments
- Assist Plant Manager with Supply, Packaging, Testing, and Antimicrobial ordering
- Help Create and Maintain High Team Morale
- Help Establish a Team Culture Driven to Excellence
- Help Solve Problems and Teach Others to become Problem Solvers
- Help Team to Create an Excellent Customer Experience
- Develop a Team Moral and Positive Working Environment
- Bachelor’s degree in food science and technology, biology, microbiology or other related disciplines or High School Diploma with at least 3 years of work experience in related field or industry.
- 1-3 years of work experience preferred.
- Knowledge/experience with Safety Quality Foods Codes.
- HACCP certified.
- Demonstrated and proven knowledge of GMPs, MOPs, SOPs, and SSOPs.
- Knowledge of Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Organic programs and relevant government regulations is required.
- Strong computer skills, including IFS, SharePoint and Microsoft Office Suite.