Field Service Engineer will be responsible for installation, service, troubleshooting and preventative maintenance of customer sites around USA and Canada.
- Ensures customer expectations are met and resolves customer issues in a timely, effective, and professional manner.
- Service Agreement planning for the execution of contracted scope.
- Identifies adds, upgrades, and escalations to assigned service contracts and to meet customer needs and improve system efficiency.
- Leads quality assurance activities making sure the equipment is serviced and preventative maintenance is in place.
- Effectively manage, plan and execute new site installations in Hospital and University settings.
- Reviews all labor related project estimates prior to customer proposal and booking.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology or equivalent subject matter.
- Experience with electronics troubleshooting and repair, particularly medical equipment, medical imaging and robotic systems preferred.
- Well versed in processes core to Medical and Radiation Oncology.
- Experience with software applications related to device operation.
- Typically, 2+ years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge.
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Good project management skills.
- Troubleshoot custom Windows 7 applications with a core understanding of system principals and techniques.
- Knowledge of engineering and an aptitude for programming and general knowledge of computer science preferred.