Fabrication Manager will be responsible for ensuring all safety and quality processes are delivering on company objectives. Provide leadership and expertise to fabrication to achieve all production targets, yields, labor and performance to achieve goals.
- Provide leadership for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term departmental objectives.
- Promotes a safe working environment following company, state and federal safety policies, regulations and laws.
- Coordinates, manages and monitors the productivity of the supervisors within the Fabrication department.
- Manages all carcass breaks and specifications to achieve quality and yield targets.
- Lead and motivate multi-disciplinary teams and develop an effective production team.
- Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals for all departments for quality and customer service.
- Ensure that department meets national and international compliance standards.
- Implement quality improvement principles to the production process and increase employee productivity.
- Coordinates with the quality assurance personnel to ensure acceptable standards and generates positive feedback from customers.
- Prepares and controls operational budget plans and effective strategies for profitability.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans for operational activities and operational capital.
- Facilitates coordination and communication between IT, HR, Accounts and Finance departments.
- Supervises all staff.
- Directs work, appraises performance, rewards and corrects employees, addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, planning and organizational skills.
- Acceptable Microsoft Office skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Teamwork skills.
- Conflict management skills
- Industry relevant experience and extensive knowledge of beef cuts in production process.
- 10+ years relevant experience.