Director of sales will be responsible for provide outstanding customer service and create value for our customers by growing their category sales and profit. You will develop successful strategies to drive the category while meeting or exceeding company growth and profit goals.
- Able to define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required.
- Develop, coordinate and implement strategic sales action plans.
- Manage channel partners across all markets, through the assignment of territories, maintaining contracts and all exhibits and policies.
- Work closely with marketing department to establish successful support, channel and partner programs.
- Leverage Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to support the success of cross- and up-selling activities.
- Experience in deploying and using marketing and sales software applications (Customer Relationship Management) as well as implementing and integrating an ERP system into the sales process.
- Financial acumen with complete understanding of income statements and profit/discount calculations.
- Affinity to problem solving, negotiating and time-management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing (preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years’ sales management experience in in the frozen bakery market segment
- Experience in with a high speed food and beverage environment.
- Willing to travel 10% – 20% and have managed a book of business and continue to grow their market share
- Generate suggestions for improving processes, develop innovative approaches and ideas
- Excellent face-to-face communication and presentation skills, tenacious, ability to convince and ‘close the deal’.
- Display original thinking and creativity, meet challenges with resourcefulness – thick skinned.
- Self-starting and self-motivated – willing to go the ‘extra mile’.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient PC skills (MS Office suite)
- Strong reporting and record-keeping skills.
- Strong track record in driving and delivering results.
- Proactive behavior, ‘hands-on’ approach, taking initiative.