Director of Production will be responsible for establishing strategic direction and action plan for the Production Division in order to achieve greater competitiveness and benchmark operations as determined and ensures compliance and excellence in Customer Service, Quality, Delivery, Product, Safety, Environmental and Employee Health & Safety.
- Develop business strategy for the Production Division, including business, production opportunities including line additions utilization and flexibility.
- Drive business strategy by linking to department and individual performance plans.
- Develop and manage annual operating, overhead budgets, capital projects and execute actions plans that drive efficiencies.
- Manage resources to ensure objectives are delivered.
- Provides leadership to managers, supervisors and/or professional staff; may also include technical/business support or production/operation staff.
- Builds high performance work groups focused on customer service and delivering results.
- Inspires and motivates employees to achieve performance levels and potential through highly developed coaching skills, communication skills and by ensuring proper development training.
- Leads the effort to achieve stretch business results by being a champion of Continuous Improvement utilizing Lean Manufacturing tools, specifically pertaining to changeover, first hour efficiency, OEE and cost per case.
- Use current and emerging technology to drive automation and production efficiency.
- Work closely with logistics, planning and raw material divisions to identify efficiency and ensure inventory targets are met without compromising customer service levels.
- Lead change initiatives to deliver business results while maintaining an engaged workforce and Union Leadership commitment and acceptance to the change.
- Ensure compliance of Occupational Health & Safety Act (section 25, 26, 27, and 28) per Hiram Walker & Son’s Ltd Policy- Management-Supervision-Worker Safety Responsibilities.
- Ensure that all aspects of the ISO 18001, 9001, 2200, 14001 programs are delivered on time.
- Ensure timely corrective action on all observations and non-conformances.
- 5-10 years of management experience in a Lean, SMED, TPM, Six Sigma Manufacturing environment.
- Experience in low margin, Consumer Packaging is considered an asset.
- Experience with change management and implementation within production and workforce initiatives.
- Dynamic leadership and employee engagement skills.
- Extensive Experience with scrap reduction, process efficiency improvements and value engineering.
- Project management skills.
- High level of regulatory technical expertise o Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven presentation skills.
- Financial and budgeting experience.
- Experience in a Unionized Environment an asset.
- Strong Computer Skills in MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint.