The Director of Manufacturing will be responsible to oversees management of all areas of manufacturing to produce products and direct activities so that approved products are manufactured on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives.
- As a new key leadership layer in the organization, successfully take ownership of the plant using exemplary communication to lead and empower the workforce and to create a high performance work atmosphere. The operation needs a coach that will council individuals and take a methodical approach changing the mindset of the workforce.
- Assess manufacturing infrastructure and initiate and implement improvements with an emphasis on maintenance/utilities projects. There is ample opportunity for maintenance system improvement, but a good understanding of process engineering will be critical.
- Develop and drive a multi-year Lean strategy for company’s operations organization to improve throughputs and all other manufacturing metrics. The company is in the infant stages of this initiative and has a realistic time frame and expectation of implementing lean methods.
- Manage the facility to ensure that production occurs on time, within Quality specification and at below budgeted cost.
- Models Lean in his/her activities and approach while acting as a coach/teacher of Lean processes and planning to the organization.
- Improve capacity through OEE improvements and Capital Project execution in a continuous and step functional methodology
- Ensures standards for product quality, equipment, and operator performance are maintained and that cost-effective technology is used to maximize production. Ensures fixed assets are preserved. Initiates recommendations on purchases of new equipment and improvements to plant property.
- Develops, monitors, and reports on manufacturing costs within functional areas. Responsible of cost and labor overruns. Makes recommendations and implements solutions to problems related to the same.
- Ensures orders are manufactured according to specifications and quality standards are met.
- Advises functional department heads on labor issues including safety, security, employee relations, scheduling, training, and the like.
- Manages budget and controls expenses effectively.
- Hires, develops, and appraises staff effectively. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consults with Human Resources as appropriate.
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- BS in engineering preferred, bachelor’s degree required
- Must have experience in the Food/Beverage or other CPG industry
- Experience in Contract Manufacturing a plus
- A good understanding of processing engineering a plus
- Knowledge of industrial/manufacturing engineering, human resources laws and regulations, and employee relations skills.
- Knowledge of federal regulations relative to the food industry and general manufacturing (FDA, OSHA, etc.)
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, team building, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- The patience and discipline to hold the course on strategic initiatives in a fast paced environment
- Strong organization skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities at one time. Able to adapt easily to changing situations.