The Director of Logistics/Operations will be responsible for providing strategy for all aspects of multiple high-volume supply chain/logistics operations to ensure consistent high level service quality and customer satisfaction, profitability, cost efficient operations, and compliance with company policies and procedures. Ultimately responsible for providing operating leadership to operations, air, ocean, domestic and custom brokerage management oversight of the delivery of services, attainment of profit objectives, business expansion, safety, quality, development of human resources, and the adherence to policy and procedure and statutory regulations.
- Provide leadership for the product line/operations development in ocean domestic brokerage of short, immediate, and long term business development strategies for key customers.
- Sets performance goals and provide on-going coaching of team members to achieve career objectives.
- Develop executive presentations communicating logistics vision, plans, and on-going updates of logistics projects to gain buy-in and drive engagement amongst key stakeholders.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts across people, process, and technologies within the departments.
- Conduct analysis and develop recommendations on various logistics strategy projects that involve complex cost/benefit tradeoffs, i.e. number, location, and sizing of production and distribution facilities, market entry or exit, etc.
- Continually stay informed of leading edge technology and practices in the logistics environment.
- Develops recommended strategy to implement and monitor improvement programs in cost reduction, revenue growth, quality improvement, safety and best practices across established and new contacts.
- Must be able to effectively develop solutions to unstructured business problems and influence others through both oral presentations and written documentation.
- Direct and manage multiple high-volume logistics/supply chain operations.
- Accountable to maximize profitability through superior customer service, effective and prompt communications and follow-up on all pending customer matters. Full accountability for P&L of sites in area of responsibility.
- Review, analyze and present management and financial reports, budgets, expense reports and forecasts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, 3PL or Logistics is preferred. Combination of education and experience may be substituted for degree if experience is with transportation or 3PL.
- Minimum 10-12 years managing a large logistics operation or warehouse/transportation facility required.
- Experience driving revenue growth, retaining customers and managing profitability of multiple sites.
- Minimum 7 years in a leadership role required with some experience over multiple facilities preferred.
- Preferred Language Skills: English, Spanish