Share on social:
The Warehouse Supervisors will be responsible for maintaining and overseeing inventory and supplies by receiving, storing, and delivering items.
- Supervises, plans, and controls their assigned warehouse department. Enforces company policies, rules, and regulations. This individual has responsibility for the safety, security, and leadership of all employees and all operational activities which occur in the warehouse.
- Ensures the efficient movement of materials throughout the warehouse, including the efficient flow of all customer and inter-company transfer orders. Sets goals and priorities for the work team to ensure accurate, efficient and timely task completion.
- Coordinates work activities while actively building relationships across functions. Communicates with other internal departments to plan and control warehouse activities in relation to company programs and goals.
- Ensures the on-time shipment of orders, with a daily goal of zero carryovers. Ensures all outbound shipments are properly packaged, labeled, marked and placarded. Ensures all shipping containers meet or exceed Department of Transportation Regulations.
- Advises management of problems, requesting guidance and counsel as appropriate. Recommends solutions to warehouse operational problems. Assists with the creation and maintenance of Standard Work Instructions. Identifies opportunities for long-term improvements.
- Ensures the work team understands and supports the focus on operational excellence. Mentors and coaches the work team in their decision-making efforts. Builds alignment of the work team by brainstorming to provide solutions to operational problems. Encourages participation, effectively listening to the work team and explaining difficult issues.
- Assists with and performs miscellaneous projects as assigned by the Warehouse Manager.
- Associate's degree from a two-year college or technical school, Bachelor’s degree preferred,
- Five years' related warehouse experience including at least 2 - 4 years in a supervisory position, SAP, MS Office, and Lean Six Sigma experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience in a unionized environment preferred.
- Evidence of active or recent certification to drive a stock picker and/or reach powered industrial truck STRONGLY preferred