Share on social:
The Warehouse Manager will be responsible to contribute to the leadership’s vision and seek to continuously improve on all processes and teams. This position will have 24/7 responsibility of all warehouse deadlines and teams. This position has a variety of responsibilities including shipping and receiving, picking and packing. Accuracy and on time completion of tasks is paramount to the success of the Warehouse team.
- Coordinate the shipping, receiving, warehousing of product, order picking, and cycle counts in conjunction with the Inventory team to ensure all customer orders are shipped on time in accordance with customer specification and counts.
- Ensure the warehouse is properly organized to meet efficiency goals and regulatory standards.
- Assign and monitor work within the department to meet production schedule. Assure coordinated work-flow and continuously improve ordinary difficulties.
- Manage the picking and decanting of all or ingredients and packaging. Communicate and coordinate with Production for requisition pre-staging and delivery of raw materials.
- Develop and implement improvements to current processes to drive down cost and improve quality.
- Manage all issues with vendors and carriers to ensure the efficient unloading and loading of trailers.
- Foster a positive and productive work environment by being a role model for other team members. Perform the duties of all personnel as needed.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a food production Warehouse
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a supervisor or managerial role
- Understanding of Kaizen and Continuous Improvement
- Inventory Control experience mandatory
- Must have command of Math skills at an intermediate or advanced level
- Ability to work independently, and be self-motivated to complete daily tasks with minimal supervision and multi-task
- Must have excellent organization skills and be detail oriented
- Ability to work well with others by building cooperative working relationships with other departments
- Intermediate computer skills in Word and Excel, prefer advanced level Excel knowledge
- Must be able to lift to 50lbs and work in a refrigerated warehouse.
- Must have sensory capabilities to avoid accidents as warehouse environment involves fast moving forklift and power jack equipment