Share on social:
Warehouse Manager will be responsible for direction, organization, staffing and equipment of multi-warehouse system to efficiently receive finished product into inventory from production and to maintain the quality of finished product while in the warehouses. To remove finished product from inventory for distribution by wholesale routes and by transports to depots. Responsible for supervision of all warehouse/loadout personnel including supervisors, leads, and warehouse workers.
- Actively promote and effectively communicate company values, mission goals, safety policies, loss control targets, and quality assurance standards to department personnel.
- Coordinate shipping and receiving activities with all other departments to maximize the overall efficiency of the operation and minimize customer service issues.
- Responsible for accurate product rotation and inventory control of manufactured and distributed products receipt including counts, damage and codes standards. Prepare warehouse and associated storage systems for physical inventories.
- Responsible for timely and thorough communication of department issues to management including maintenance and quality assurance.
- Responsible for maintaining warehouse and loadout function in full compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory agencies including safety, labor, health and worker’s compensation requirements.
- Responsible for scheduling staff (departmental headcount and hours including overtime) to maximize efficiency and minimize total cost. This area will be measured by the case/man-hour efficiency report.
- Responsible for the development of written Standard Operating Procedures (S.O.P’s) that include associated safety practices.
- Directly responsible for training of all new employees on proper procedures for all activities including equipment and machinery.
- Manage the issues related to Load security issues, product shortages and/or loading errors in order to reduce transportation costs.
- Manage and achieve budgeted Annual Operations Planning (AOP) objectives.
- Management has the responsibility to assure that all food safety issues related to equipment, processes and methods have been adequately addressed to assure safe food is being produced before starting or continuing production.
- Adhere to all company Safety and Quality policies and procedures, and report to other Managers any non-conformities.
- Insure product condition and cleanliness through monitoring, training, and maintenance of cooler areas.
- Development of systems to minimize errors related to picking and checking.
- Development of systems to minimize refrigeration loss and product loss related to loadout activities.
- High School Diploma or GED plus college courses OR Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 8 years of experience managing warehouses and inventories
- Leadership Skills
- Lean Manufacturing & Continuous Improvement processes
- Experience with computer programs such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and statistical process control.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Food manufacturing GMPs
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree
- Experience in refrigerated environments
Apply For This Position
Hit the button below to apply to this position. Note that your information will be sent to our recruitment team and they will reach out if your qualifications are selected.