Share on social:
The Warehouse Manager will be responsible to plan, direct, and coordinate the storage or distribution operations at the warehouse. Manage our most valued commodity, our warehouse employees. Manage employees involved in performing a variety of warehouse duties, including loading materials and finished goods into and out of a warehouse. Manage and schedule daily shipping duties to ensure smooth operations throughout the warehouse processes. Develop and maintain training plans to lead, coach, train, and to mentor employees. Provide leadership to maximize warehouse services while maintaining a high degree of employee and customer satisfaction.
- Manage all shipping and receiving personnel
- Approve vacations and overtime, provide annual reviews, check time cards
- Develop and track goals
- Coach, mentor, train
- Drive safety initiatives. Lead and model the way.
- Standardize shipping process for all facilities.
- Collect and organize detailed shipping information for all top customers in order to streamline process to ensure proper warehouse space can be maintained
- Setup and lead conference calls with top customers to discuss upcoming shipping requirements and any current shipping related issues.
- Develop and implement a shipping scorecard for our customers
- Work closely with shipping clerks to help with any current issues and to create a more efficient process.
- Ensure all inbound requirements are followed properly
- Responsible for cycle count process and standardization
- Track aging, out dated and expired inventory items
- Develop a plan to recognize obsolete items and deal with them in a timely manner.
- Work with accounting department in inventory reconciliation
- Responsible for inter plant transfer process
- Reestablish staging and restocking process
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two years’ experience in a lead or supervisory role.
- Three to five years’ experience in warehouse management, logistics, and inventory control. Food/Beverage Warehouse experience required
- Preference will be given to candidates with pet food manufacturing experience.
- Forklift experience required; preferred in a manufacturing environment
- Basic math skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel required
- Ability to work with hourly staff in a professional and caring manner is a must.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, working with a sense of urgency
- Willing to work in a team environment and contribute to group goals
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to receive and provide instructions in a positive manner
- Ability to multi-task.
Apply For This Position
Hit the button below to apply to this position. Note that your information will be sent to our recruitment team and they will reach out if your qualifications are selected.