Warehouse Manager will be responsible for the receiving of shipments, offloading trucks, accurately checking bills of lading and corresponding purchase orders and proper bin storage of merchandise.
- Experience in operation of forklifts & order pickers and ability to certify others on same equipment.
- Oversee work flow and delegate job assignments.
- Experience in warehouse supervisory role and the training, direction, and discipline of union employees.
- Enforce labor rules pursuant to labor contract.
- Be, and encourage employees to be, motivated, organized, resourceful & responsible.
- 3-5 years warehouse management experience in high volume distribution center.
- 2 years+ college.
- Experience with union-shop environments.
- Certified for forklifts and order pickers and be able to certify new hires on equipment.
- Proficiency with live inventory systems.
- HAZMAT training.
- Knowledge of FedEx and UPS Worldship shipping programs.
- Strong Leadership, Organizational, and Communication skills.