Warehouse and Shipping Supervisor will be responsible for supervising and directing the daily activities of the Shipping employees by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing programs, operational standards, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the most efficient unloading & loading of product, orderly stacking of product, and the picking and staging of outbound shipments in accordance with the highest possible levels of quality.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains shipping staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Responsible for communication between shifts and departments to ensure accurate inventory.
- Maintain a clean; neat, and orderly work area; ensure all security policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure Associates follow all safety policies and procedures including food safety practices.
- Conduct shift meetings as needed to communicate expectations and opportunities of improvement.
- Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staff for effective performance of activities and response to fluctuating workloads.
- Prepare, approve and maintain work records and reports of information such as employee time and wages, production reports, inventory reports.
- Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related problems.
- Assess training needs of staff and arrange for or provide appropriate instruction.
- Resolve personnel problems, complaints, or formal grievances when possible, or refer them to higher-level managers for resolution.
- HS Diploma, Associates Degree preferred.
- 5+ years supervisory or warehouse experience; or bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with electronic shipping/inventory systems.