Transportation Manager will be responsible for managing the quality, cost and efficiency of the Raw Product transportation network.
- Manage the movement Raw Product, including: scheduling loads, dispatching loads with carriers, coordinating and managing the empty bin inventories at all plant locations; and scheduling the return of empty bins to the appropriate locations.
- Monitor the quality, quantity, cost, and efficiency of Raw Product movements.
- Ensure the regulatory compliance of internal fleet, including but not limited to elements such as: Equipment licensing, Equipment Maintenance and Repair, Driver Records and Staffing, Third party auditing, Safety Programs, etc.
- Manage the transportation function for both the department trucks and commercial carriers. Manage the financial aspects of the department freight costs, analyze rate changes, establish hauling rates, and negotiate with commercial carriers to ensure company receives the best value.
- Regularly analyze freight cost expense in order to identify cost and service improvements and provide recommendations for any changes.
- Manage the day to day operations of the trucking fleet to include, fleet safety, utilization, costs, and maintenance.
- Identify opportunities to maximize fleet return and minimize fleet costs. Develop comprehensive safety program and ensure all assigned drivers and equipment meet the requirements.
- Manage dispatchers and internal drivers. Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs.
- Provide leadership and supervision.
- Manage goals and objectives. Provide formal and informal feedback through coaching, monitoring and evaluating job results.
- Have regular attendance and work appropriate number of hours to get the essential functions completed.
- A BA/BS degree in business administration, management, industrial engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in supply chain management.
- Increasingly responsible experience in managing a department.