Share on social:
SQF Coordinator will be responsible for administering and maintaining applicable Food Safety Programs & Policies; implementation and continuous improvement of food safety focused programs including but not limited to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), SQF Food Safety and Quality systems and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP). He/she will monitor daily Quality and may perform ongoing procedural updates and audits. Administer and execute policies and procedures and has clear understanding of manufacturing processes and hold QA techs/associates accountable to adhere to the standards.
- Ensures compliance to and audits HACCP plans
- Performs GMP audits and ensures compliance
- Performs internal quality audits
- Coordinate third part audits
- Implement, maintain, and improve SQF (Safety Quality Food) program and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Validate and verify SQF procedures
- Evaluate food safety concerns in facility and implement programs to eliminate hazards
- Identify and assess potential food safety hazards and quality defects
- Effectively train essential plant employees in HACCP principles and SQF principles.
- Drive continuous improvement
- Affect change through indirect leadership
- Write SOPs and work instructions
- Effectively work with production team and other members of quality team to develop and maintain a robust and effective food safety and quality system
- Manage and maintain all daily SQF documents and paperwork
- Conduct annual review (at least) of plant SQF Manual and ensure associated Sub-elements and Registers are updated
- Must maintain certification in HACCP
- Must maintain certification as an Internal Auditor
- Must maintain certification in SQF and be able to answer for Company Practices to a Customer or 3rd party Auditor.
- Work with QA, Training, Process Systems, and Production personnel on any new changes to the Work Instructions
- Effectively communicate any changes, modifications, or updates to managers, supervisors, leads, and other personnel
- Provide concise and effective feedback concerning issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Train other QA staff on back-ups for SQF food safety and serve as back up for QA supervisory role.
- Work closely with Production Shift Coaches and Team Leads on problem solving, root cause analysis and voice quality concerns
- Follow up on sanitation deficiencies, cleanliness swabbing, documentation correction so QA techs communicate to respective shifts
- Works with all departments, send out reminders, follow through on documentation, paperwork needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years Quality experience in a Food Manufacturing Facility
- Knowledge of GFSI related programs and SQF certification
- Computer literate including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Able to express themselves clearly and completely, with co-workers and managers alike, in a professional manner.
- Coach associates to recognize when to react to problems and demonstrate the initiative to take appropriate or reasonable action depending on the nature of the problem.
- Must be able to meet all the essential job functions.
- Lead by example.