Share on social:
Growing Warehouse/Distribution client is seeking a visionary Senior Transportation Manager who will be responsible for the rates, contract pricing, negotiations for carriers for and managing domestic shipping. Reporting to the Director of Operations.
- Manage and tracking of import containers domestically with greatest cost efficiency
- Negotiate and request contract proposals from inbound and outbound short/long carriers
- Cross functional working with Sales, Customer Service and Warehouse on inbound container deliveries and prioritization
- Daily communication and coordination with freight forwarders
- Assist with obtaining quotes and yearly issuance of request
- Filing and tracking freight claims
- Work with inbound and outbound LTL and TL shipments as necessary
- Assist with special project shipments as necessary
- BS in Supply Chain, Logistics or relevant
- Prior experience in transportation/logistics; rate negotiation and carriers
- Analytical skills and organization project management
- Focus on process improvement and carrier retention
Apply For This Position
Hit the button below to apply to this position. Note that your information will be sent to our recruitment team and they will reach out if your qualifications are selected.