Share on social:
The Senior Quality Technician is to ensure these goals are met through an operational and analytical focus, an attention to detail, defect detection and corrective/preventative action, and strong cross functional team work with the production department.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining key indicators of product quality and safety through inspection, testing and communication.
- Ensures the operations and procedures on the plant floor meet and align with corporate quality policy.
- Maintenance of food safety and quality programs, HACCP, allergen control, ingredient control, GMP’s, document control, traceability, product quality reviews, and corrective/preventative action.
- Assist QC lead technician when investigating sanitation deviations and be involved in developing corrective and preventive actions.
- Conduct pre-operational swabbing and post Allergen cleaning verifications.
- Conduct environmental swabbing procedures. Ensure cleaning and retest is accomplished in a timely manner.
- Reporting any deviations in quality processes
- Conduct periodic checks for your facility: Glass audits, thermometer calibrations, scale checks
- Hands-on approach and strong interpersonal skills will allow them to become familiar with the plant processes and work with others to ensure alignment and drive continuous improvement within the daily operations in the plant.
- Leading and driving corrective/preventative action will deliver results and improvements.
- Ensure alignment of plant procedures with quality policy and SQF elements
- Ensure all testing and inspections are aligned with plant quality procedures and specifications
- Develop a strong knowledge of plant floor activities
- Support the maintenance of SQF certification
- Implement corrective and preventative action
- Be aware of any pest control issues at the facility
- Working knowledge of quality systems to ensure food safety and quality
- Strong interpersonal skills to include team building and oral communication
- Strong documentation skills
- Working knowledge in Microsoft software and computing skills
- The ability to follow standard operating procedures
- 2+ years of industry experience in quality systems
- 2 year or BS degree in scientific field – preferred only
- Working knowledge of basic laboratory equipment (scales, thermometers, calipers, analyzers).
- Experience in working in quality systems management within the food manufacturing industry
Apply For This Position
Hit the button below to apply to this position. Note that your information will be sent to our recruitment team and they will reach out if your qualifications are selected.