Share on social:
Senior Production Supervisor will be responsible for supervising production employees in a food manufacturing and packaging environment; plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvement in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. Big component of this position is people development, helping the team learn to troubleshoot problems and come with solutions. This position is accountable for every aspect in the assigned area. Reporting is to the Operations Manager and overseeing 50 - 60 employees with 2 team leaders reporting to this position. This is a 24/7 food manufacturing operations with hours of 6a - 2p with the expectation of there is flexibility in times.
- Work with the Operations Manager to effectively monitor and maintain cost, quality and environment of the department.
- Coordinate and monitor scheduling, promote and ensure safety programs are practiced
- Ensure that production and packaging requirements are fulfilled
- Ensure proper set-up of the process, to include machinery, computers and product schedule.
- Promote and train Lean and Good Manufacturing Practices to ensure the quality and integrity of product.
- Maintain existing HACCP, Master Sanitation, Weight Control and quality programs
- Assume an active role in plant Safety Programs, including leadership of plant Safety Teams
- Communicate effectively cross functionally with all departments
- Complete all assigned paperwork, including production/packaging records, Master Cleaning Sanitation
- BS in Operations or Supervisory Management or a similar field, or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Supervisory/leadership experience in a food manufacturing/packaging environment is desired - preferably in the food industry.
- Experience evaluating production/packaging processes and determine the most efficient method of accomplishing goals.
- Proven success to lead, influence and inspire people, and promote quality, safety, and teamwork.
- Looking for people not adverse to change, able to develop new teams and product line startups.
Apply For This Position
Hit the button below to apply to this position. Note that your information will be sent to our recruitment team and they will reach out if your qualifications are selected.