Share on social:
The Sanitation Supervisor will be responsible to manages, supervises and coordinates activities with food safety and sanitation programs. This position manages cleaning and sanitizing of production areas, packaging areas, storage areas and production equipment in the manufacturing facility. Oversees management of 3rd party sanitation team, and compliance with GMP's, Good Safety Practices, sanitation policies and procedures.
- Responsible for following all Food Safety Policies & Safety Procedures.
- Plan and coordinate daily sanitation activities to ensure cleaning schedules are met.
- Inform Manager of issues in the department.
- Manages sanitation process ensuring that all equipment is properly cleaned, sanitized, and inspected for cleanliness.
- Wear proper PPE and follow GMP’s and other company rules.
- Maintains active working knowledge of all sanitation and cleaning procedures.
- Ensures sanitizing chemicals, safety equipment, power equipment and manual tools are being used correctly and safely.
- Makes sound decisions based on managers guidance
- Works in an organized manor to meet daily goals
- Able to accept and give feedback and modify behaviors accordingly
- Self-motivated and continuously looking to improve
- Responsible for work done and focused on improving
- Clearly communicates to others and actively listens
- Builds partnerships for teamwork
- Overall sanitation of a USDA food plant
- Utilizes all Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP’s)
- Adheres to and understands Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- B.S in science field or Certified Sanitarian is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in sanitation in a food manufacturing plant and of sanitation supervisory experience is required
- Knowledge in HACCP, Microbiology, Sanitation, Chemical Safety, Pest Control, and GFSI standards
- Understands and complies with government regulations relating to OSHA, FDA, USDA, and EPA Communication and coaching skills
- Assertive professional manner
- Leadership Skills
- Excellent analytical and root cause analysis skills
- Able to develop work instructions and documentation
- Training skills
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point
- Flexibility in work schedule, able to work periodically on a shift rotation