Sanitation Supervisor will be responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of the Sanitation team members with respect to responsibilities using sanitation programs to ensure cleanliness of the facility and adherence to food safety procedures.
- Leadership and motivation of Team Members to achieve the goals of Safety, Quality, Food Safety, Productivity, and costs.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are in place to meet all company, customer, and regulatory Sanitation requirements and expectations and maintain adherence to those policies
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are in compliance with SQF requirements.
- Inspects products and equipment for conformity to company, Customer, SQF, and Regulatory Sanitation standards.
- Confers with quality assurance and production team members on sanitation concerns, recommends changes in equipment, plant layout, lighting, ventilation, or work practices to improve sanitation standards and integrity of product.
- Submits work orders for repairs of equipment.
- Monitors department budget objectives and insures that cost effective methods are being used.
- Order's sanitation cleaning tools, departmental supplies and chemicals, maintains inventories, and negotiates with vendors for competitive pricing. Orders PPE for the entire facility.
- Coordinates and monitors pest control vendor activities to ensure that the plant maintains compliance with pest control procedures and regulations. Address pest control issues in a timely manner.
- Maintains, revises, and reviews best cleaning practices and master sanitation schedule for all plant areas.
- Maintain records of cleaning activities and results, Environmental Monitoring results and pest control records.
- Participates in GMP and Food Safety walkthroughs and corrects any assigned deficiencies.
- Facilitate and/or coordinate Sanitation team member's chemical and safety training.
- Ensures and monitors safe work practices.
- Supervises Sanitation and Janitorial team members, schedules team members to ensure coverage, conducts performance appraisals, issues disciplines, directs work activities, trains and/or coordinates training for team members based on department and safety requirements.
- The Sanitation Department is also responsible for snow removal from the sidewalks.
- Support food safety program, quality standards, and legality of manufactured products.
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Biology, Chemistry, or equivalent work experience.
- Previous experience in supervisory capacity in food safety and sanitation.
- Certification and/or proven training in sanitation and pest control requirements is a plus.
- Requires operational knowledge of computer software (EXCEL, WORD, E-mail, Internet applications, PowerPoint, COGZ, etc) or ability to learn these skills.
- Requires excellent oral, written, and communication skills.
- Exposure to and experience with GMP's, SQF standards, understand HACCP programs, FSMA and FDA Regulations, OSHA Standards.
- Possess operational knowledge of food processing equipment
- Ability to work all shifts and weekends as needed.