Sanitation Supervisor will be responsible for supervising, evaluating and directing personnel on shift in performing tasks according to sound operating principles and company policies and procedures.
- Stimulate maximum safety, efficiency and productivity of team members; ensure proper training of employees.
- Anticipate and determine causes of deviations and take appropriate actions to meet team objectives.
- Apply company employee relations and union contract policies in all dealing with employees.
- Monitor and confirm that machinery, equipment and facilities are properly maintained and sanitized for efficient production.
- Arrange to have appropriate records prepared and maintained (i.e., payroll, yields).
- Work closely with production supervisors and management to promote efficiency and teamwork in each department and in plant facility.
- Attend meetings as scheduled or called.
- Minimum 3-5 years in a food manufacturing plant or similar; meat experience preferred.
- College diploma or University degree; or an equivalent combination of related experience and education.
- Extensive knowledge and technical skill in sanitation and meat processing jobs.
- Supervisory skills; good interpersonal relations; ability to handle conflict.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Team Player with leadership skills
- Experience in leading groups of manufacturing employees, including setting team and individual objectives, managing individual and team performance and building a team approach to problem solving.
- Detail oriented and strong analytical skills.
- Highly organized.
- Spanish/English bilingual desired but not required.