Share on social:
The Sanitation Manager will be responsible for the sanitation of the production plant and the team of 7 sanitation associates. Accountable for the day to day management of sanitation operations. Ensures full compliance with all food safety and regulatory requirements. Provides technical support and service to manufacturing in support of the operations objectives and is a key member of the management team at the facility.
- Responsible for the daily management of the plant sanitation associates, including training and development, assessment and motivation of associates
- Includes conducting annual performance reviews and establishment of measurable objectives for associates.
- Maintains and communicates information of plant operations at staff meetings.
- Works with them on reducing sanitation time and downtime.
- Understands the costs, chemicals and best practices to achieve highest sanitation
- Implements and maintains quality and sanitation improvement plans, policies procedures, and programs, which are endorsed by the Processing Superintendent and Facility Manager.
- In collaboration with other Supervisors, assesses, plans and develops, implements, and evaluates production and operational needs.
- Manage inventory and ordering of all cleaning and sanitation chemicals
- Assures 6 step sanitation and GMP’s practices are followed.
- Ensures the safety of all associates.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of allergens, microbial contamination, and HACCP.
- Follows up on all production, sanitation, and operational issues to resolution.
- Assists in developing daily, weekly and annual strategic sanitation and operation plans and initiatives for Packaging and Processing departments.
- Responsible for developing and planning for established full-time and seasonal positions and scheduling sanitation employees for the next day work assignments.
- Associates or Bachelor degree and 3 years of progressive leadership in Sanitation/Quality
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills.
- 5 years overseeing sanitation within a food processing environment.
- Implements Master Sanitation programs, CIP/COP, environmental monitoring and verifies SSOPs to meet the food compliance standards
- Works with chemical suppliers for all sanitation chemicals
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a large team is required.
- Position requires good communication and technical skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).