Share on social:
This position manages, supervises and coordinates activities with food safety and sanitation programs. The position is responsible for management of plant cleaning, sanitation, and compliance with GMP’s, Good Safety Practices, sanitation and policies and procedures. Experience with master sanitation, CIP sanitation and food safety. Overseeing one supervisor and 12 techs. Mainly a 3rd shift, must be flexible; hours 10p - 6a
- Supervises adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices in regard to sanitation procedures
- Monitors and audits, making adjustments as necessary to processing and packaging equipment cleaning systems/procedures to ensure optimal cleanliness
- Ensures compliance with all company and regulatory sanitation food quality and food safety standards as well as employee safety and environmental standards
- Works closely with management and production personnel on sanitation problems; recommending changes to improve sanitation policies, procedures, and cleaning effectiveness
- Performs comprehensive sanitation audits on each unique production process to determine sanitation effectiveness
- Communicates reports/trends/issues regarding inspections, sanitation deviations, and steps taken to resolve deficiencies via e-mail
- Conducts training programs for all sanitation procedures and is responsible for the development and training of sanitation personnel
- Understands chemical specifications and their effectiveness/proper application for different processing/packaging equipment SSOP’s
- Conducts scheduled sanitation validation audits including dismantling and inspecting critical processing and packaging equipment to ensure proper clean ability/sanitization
- Responsible for the scheduling, coordination, and management of the food manufacturing sanitation crew
- Develops labor schedules to ensure appropriate coverage to meet labor efficiencies and production demands
- Maintains and revises departmental procedures including the master sanitation schedule and SSOP’s reflecting process improvements that maintain or improve pre-operational and operational hygienic conditions
- Reviews and maintains sanitation documentation for Quality Assurance and regulatory review
- Builds partnerships with production, quality, and human resources to ensure production and people goals are met
- Assists with interviewing and selection of new team members
- Maintain documentation and report KPI’s
- Solid knowledge and understanding of allergens, microbial contamination, and HACCP.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Engineering, or relevant study or equivalent certification
- 5 years of progressive leadership experience in Sanitation in food manufacturing positions.
- Knowledge and experience in USDA food laws, master sanitation schedule and environmental monitoring.
- GFSI audit experience
- Maintain documentation and report KPI’s to achieve goals
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
- Knowledgeable and proficient on a computer, including Microsoft Office.
- Possess the ability to creatively solve problems and maintain records.
- Excellent organizational skills, accurate record keeping and detail orientation is necessary.
- Experience with safety of person, product and chemical and environmental
- Must be willing to take college classes in the areas of pest management and microbiology
- SQF Level 3 and meat experience is preferred