Sanitation Manager will be responsible for the sanitation of the 3 production plants and a distribution center and a team of 15 sanitation associates.
- Responsible for the daily management of the plant sanitation associates, including training and development, assessment and motivation of associates.
- Includes conducting annual performance reviews and establishment of measurable objectives for associates.
- Maintains and communicates information of plant operations at staff meetings.
- Works with them on reducing sanitation time and downtime.
- Understands the costs, chemicals and best practices to achieve highest sanitation.
- Implements and maintains quality and sanitation improvement plans, policies procedures, and programs, which are endorsed by the Processing Superintendent and Facility Manager.
- In collaboration with other Supervisors, assesses, plans and develops, implements, and evaluates production and operational needs.
- Manage inventory and ordering of all cleaning and sanitation chemicals
- Assures 6 step sanitation and GMP’s practices are followed.
- Ensures the safety of all associates.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of allergens, microbial contamination, and HACCP.
- Follows up on all production, sanitation, and operational issues to resolution.
- Assists in developing daily, weekly and annual strategic sanitation and operation plans and initiatives for Packaging and Processing departments.
- Responsible for developing and planning for established full-time and seasonal positions and scheduling sanitation employees for the next day work assignments.
- Associates or bachelor's degree and 3 years of progressive leadership in Sanitation/Quality
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills.
- 5 years overseeing sanitation within a food processing environment.
- Implements Master Sanitation programs, CIP/COP, environmental monitoring and verifies SSOPs to meet the food compliance standards
- Works with chemical suppliers for all sanitation chemicals
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a large team is required.
- Position requires good communication and technical skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).