Respiratory Therapist will be responsible for Complying with all applicable company policies, procedures, and patient protocols.
- Comply with all applicable company policies, procedures, and patient protocols. Comply with all current government regulations and professional standards respecting patient care.
- Participate in educational and professional programs and/or review professional literature on an ongoing basis to maintain knowledge and competency in current and developing techniques, professional standards, and the HME products and services offered by the Office.
- Educate patients in proper use and care of respiratory equipment in the home setting.
- Educate fellow employees on the features and benefits of respiratory equipment as well as applicable safety factors as requested.
- Maintain rapport with ordering physicians. Provides patient care services by physician order only. Inform the physicians and pertinent others of the changes in the patient's condition/status through visit reports and telephone communication.
- Assist in resolving patient equipment problems under emergency or stressful conditions.
- Develop technical knowledge of the respiratory products/services provided and be able to provide information of same to others upon request.
- Assist with preventive maintenance, required service checks, and patient/environmental assessment on home respiratory equipment during visits with patients.
- Assume on-call responsibilities during non-business hours in accordance with company policy.
- Maintain, update, and implement patients' plan of care, clinical plan of care, and records according to Company policy.
- Monitor respiratory supply levels and place appropriate orders as approved by the Office Manager.
- Assist with implementation of quality improvement program to meet company and accreditation standards.
- Develop basic reimbursement knowledge and completely document all information necessary to ensure reimbursement for all appropriate equipment, products and services.
- Experience in HME or Home Health industry preferred or equivalent experience in respiratory care.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Respiratory Care and related HME equipment.
- Registered/Certified Respiratory Care Practitioner, Washington State License, or Licensed Registered Nurse with equivalent experience.