Regulatory Technical Specialist will be responsible for ensuring the company is compliant in nutritional and ingredient listing, label requirements, and finished product claims, and must have strong familiarity and execution of a wide array of product certifications.
- Leads ingredient review process, including maintaining Genesis databases with key regulatory information and documentation on ingredients to ensure compliance.
- The role will support and FDA expertise on food and beverage products.
- Ensures compliance with industry guidelines, regulatory standards and company requirements for all innovation projects.
- Provide regulatory expertise for food and beverage on raw materials, finished product label compliance, allowable claims, and label reviews.
- Accountable for understanding, interpreting and communicating regulatory requirements to Product Development.
- This role will be primarily responsible for ensuring compliance in nutritional and ingredient listing, label requirements, and finished product claims.
- Strong familiarity and execution of a wide array of product certifications: Organic, non-GMO, Kosher Program Verification.
- Manages relationship and process with third parties to establish and substantiate claims and maintain compliance through raw materials, processing, and finished products.
- Proactively monitors and interprets existing and proposed regulations, conducts risk and opportunity assessments, and propose clear recommendations.
- Serves as regulatory resource for external suppliers and company, including R&D, Legal, Supply Chain, etc. to address regulatory questions/issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Nutrition, Food Science, Food Safety, or Food Process Engineering is required.
- 3-5 years' or more of experience in regulatory affairs in food and beverage is required.
- Works with a high level of independence, based on regulatory knowledge and experience, to make decisions and deploy best practices that assure compliance of ingredients, mitigate regulatory risks, and maximize the company’s risk.
- Must be capable of working in a fast-paced, team environment with minimal direct supervision and the ability to adhere to aggressive deadlines.
- A proven track record in thriving in a high pace and high change environment.
- Prior knowledge and experience with HACCP, GMPs, SQF and quality and food safety management systems.