Share on social:
Regulatory Specialist near Fort Collins city area, CO will be responsible for variety of regulatory activities related to raw materials, finished products, 3rd party registration, labelling, claims, packaging, food safety, and database management to ensure compliance with applicable food laws, auditing bodies, and Companies internal standards. This position proactively identifies improvements in regulatory activity and takes action to implement such improvements to create a positive scientific and regulatory environment.
- Support operations, quality, food safety, R&D, procurement, marketing, and sales in all aspects of regulatory affairs to ensure the integrity of our products and the security of our business.
- Assure ingredients, formulas and packaging materials are in full compliance and documentation portfolios are current.
- Oversee the creation and review process for new and existing labelling for all finished products.
- Approve final artwork and text for product packaging to ensure it meets or exceeds regulatory requirements.
- Manage appropriate documentation pertaining to:
- Nutritional Calculations and Labeling
- Ingredient Declarations
- Kosher, Gluten Free Certification, Whole Grains Council, and other 3rd party involvement.
- Finished Product Specifications
- Customer requirements and supporting documents
- Support SQF & FSMA regulatory requirements
- Provide regulatory guidance on new product development and manufacturing changes to existing products.
- Work cross functional with operations on quality investigation documentation and consumer feedback
- Communicate with suppliers, regulatory agencies, and customers on relevant topics.
- Serve as the company expert on US and Canadian labeling laws and the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR).
- Stay in tune and report on regulatory changes impacting the food and baking industry.
- Anticipate regulatory issues and works with internal team members, suppliers, and trade associations to clarify and resolve these issues.
- As required, provide training, development, and coaching to team members.
- Perform other regulatory related assignments as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical area (such as nutrition, food science, biology, or chemistry).
- 3+ years of experience in regulatory affairs and/or compliance.
- Specific knowledge on NA labelling, packaging material compliance, and claim regulations.
- Exposure to industry groups, government authorities, and scientific societies
- Proficient in computer software (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook…).
- Experience with Genesis nutritional software a plus
- Experience within the Food or Baking segment a strong advantage.
Apply For This Position
Hit the button below to apply to this position. Note that your information will be sent to our recruitment team and they will reach out if your qualifications are selected.