Share on social:
The (Raw Materials) Distribution Manager will be responsible for defining, achieving, and maintaining target inventory levels for raw fruit across the enterprise through the utilization of industry approved best practices. This tool kit should include attributes from: basic queuing theory, supply chain network design & management, automated data collection and utilization, project management, and change management. In addition, the position serves at the nexus of demand planning, manufacturing, and fruit procurement as the point person for all issues related to the supply of raw fruit through the enterprise.
- Direct the daily flow of bulk raw materials by balancing material availability from company’s fruit procurement and grower services network against production demands. Utilize analytics and influence to negotiate planning variances to ensure executional alignment with business objectives.
- Provide inventory oversight for all raw storage needs. Create annualized storage plans and associated budgets. Work to minimize obsolete or at risk fruit levels.
- Coordinate in a cooperative approach with manufacturing, production planning, fruit procurement, and other managers in the development and adherence to production schedules.
- Provide leadership and supervision of the Receiving Leads, Raw Fruit Analyst, and indirectly forklift drivers. Manage goals and objectives for staff. Provide formal and informal feedback through coaching, monitoring and evaluating job results.
- Relentlessly pursue a culture of continuous improvement that focuses on the leveraging of multiple functional groups to drive incremental value to our stake holders.
- Participate in improving supplier relations through continuous improvement projects.
- Have regular attendance and work appropriate number of hours to get the essential functions completed.
- Perform under the Working Conditions described below.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business management, supply chain, or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a food processing organization, performing logistics coordination, purchasing of raw materials, varietal and associated attribute grading, and/or inventory management.
- Principles and practices of inventory management and logistics coordination.
- Principles and practices of raw materials supply chain.
- Working knowledge of raw product and associated attributes.
- Understanding of variety of fruits and process of grading fruits.
- Statistical modeling, accounting, and budgeting practices.
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations.