Share on social:
Quality Supervisor near Owensboro, KY, will be responsible for supervising the plant's Quality Control (QC) and Quality Assurance programs. Responsible for ensuring compliance with company, customer and government procedures. Inspect and audit the operation in all phases of quality performance (raw materials, production, packaging, distribution, HACCP, GMP’s, etc.).
- Carry out QC policies, procedures, and directives in the development of and compliance with company, customer, and government expectations while providing feedback and necessary follow up to ensure proper corrective action.
- Guide the plant's SQF certification program
- Performs customer audits and annual SQF audits
- Develops and maintains HACCP plan and trains plant personnel on quality programs.
- Communicates to USDA regarding preoperational or operational inspections
- Develops and maintains quality control systems/programs such as Pest Control, Self-Inspection, Supplier Management, Safety, Microbio Testing and Defense.
- Conducts pre-shipment review, CCP’s, validation studies, report on deficiencies for GMP’s, HACCP and SSOP’s
- Performs microbiological tests on finished products, environmental and direct food contact surfaces.
- Applies total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes within each department.
- Directs inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Investigates and responds to Customer complaints. Implement changes (if necessary) and write corrective actions for complaints.
- Works with Plant manager and Sanitation manager to ensure proper housekeeping and maintenance of facility, equipment and grounds.
- Works with vendors to ensure quality of all purchased product, associated equipment and materials meet established quality standards.
- Other duties as required.
- 2 Bachelor's degree preferred but not a requirement
- Four plus years of quality control experience; in a food-manufacturing environment (strongly preferred)
- HACCP Certified (preferred)
- SQF Certified (preferred)