Share on social:
The Quality Manager must ensure Food Safety and Quality is always maintained. Promote a safe and quality orientated environment. Oversee the development, implementation, review and maintenance of the SQF System, including food safety fundamentals, food safety plan and food quality plan. Communicate to relevant personnel all information essential to ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of the SQF System. The Quality Manager position reports to the Vice President Quality Control and Assurance.
- Oversee and ensure all production quality, safety and operational records are maintained accurately and completely.
- Provide a strong presence on the manufacturing floor to assure compliance to process controls and to support operations.
- Train on aspects of Quality and Food Safety.
- Prepare and manage documentation as needed.
- Provides guidance to the Quality personnel to solve quality related issues.
- Conduct Internal Audits
- Accompanies external auditors and answers any external audits observation
- Responsible for the Quality System
- Approves changes to the SQF system and equipment
- Responsible for the Annual Management Review
- Enforces Good Manufacturing Practices within the company
- Responsible for the validation and verification of the SQF system and its changes.
- Assure that SOPs are followed and revised when needed.
- Maintain consistency in quality during production.
- Has the sole authority to approve or reject product
- College education preferred
- Audit experience
- Must be knowledgeable about GMP’s. Strong problem solving skills.
- Five years related experience and/or training.
- Experience in drug, food or beverage manufacturing plant.
- HACCP Training
- SQF Practitioner
- Interrelationship/Professional Skills
- Proficiency with PC’s and related software with excellent written and verbal communication skills.