Share on social:
The Quality Manager will be responsible for leading the food safety and quality efforts while providing technical support to production facilities. The Quality Manager contributes to the company's growth by ensuring that products comply with food safety requirements, and through the development and maintenance of food safety and quality policies and procedures.
- Develop and execute quality assurance and food safety programs
- Lead in the implementation of Regulatory Compliance in plant procedures
- Lead efforts on continuous improvements for quality and food safety
- Provide quality leadership to employees throughout the facilities
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, company policy and standard work instructions
- Develop, implement and enforce food safety and quality standard operating procedures
- Partner with Director to act as the support representative for FDA, USDA and CDFA and sanitation audits
- Support senior management and operations with technical quality and food safety data
- Represent company during outside party visits with quality and food safety information
- Assist the Director when communicating with Federal and State regulators
- Lead and participate in problem solving activities concerning food quality and food safety
- Bachelor of Science in Diary Science, Food Science or a related area
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in dairy quality programming and systems.
- Must have an understanding of the dairy industry
- Proven success in developing and maintaining quality and food safety programs
- Proven success in managing regulatory compliance including FDA, USDA and CDFA.
- Proven success with customers and consumers involving any complaint and concern resolutions
- Proven success in educating and training internal and external customers on food safety and quality
- Skilled in computer work involving Microsoft Office and Genesis
- HACCP and SQF certified
- Experience with SAP (ERP program), preferred.